From building bridges to clearing branches, volunteers can help New Hampshire trails through stewardship this spring. Become part of the movement to care for New Hampshire’s hiking trails!
Below is a list of events on our calendar that have to do with helping trails. See if there are any upcoming opportunities that fit your schedule, then sign-up to help! We'll keep adding to this list as trail-themed events are posted this spring, so check back frequently. Click the links below to see event details and sign-up.
Gap Mountain Bridge Project - M+M Trail
Mike Zlogar, the AMC Berkshire Section Trail Crew Leader, has designed and pre-cut the bridge materials and will supervise the construction of the bridge. Come join the AMC for one or more fun days getting work done on the trail!
Sponsored by the Appalachian Mountain Club:
- Friday, April 14th: Prep Day. 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Troy, NH.
- Thursday, April 20th: Crib Building. 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Troy, NH.
- Saturday, April 22nd: Build the Bridge. 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Troy, NH.
Scotland Brook Wildlife Sanctuary Trails Work Day
Volunteers will have the opportunity to improve trail access and learn about one of NH Audubon's spectacular and historic northern NH gems – the Scotland Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Landaff.
Sponsored by NH Audubon:
- Saturday, April 15, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Landaff, NH.
Help the Canterbury Shaker Village prepare their nature trails for spring visitors.
Sponsored by the Canterbury Shaker Village:
- Saturday, April 22, 2017, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Canterbury, NH.
Spring Trail Clearing Day
The Chocorua Mountain Club has been hosting its spring trail clearing day for about 100 years. Help prepare these mountain trails for summer hiking!
Sponsored by the Chocorua Mountain Club:
- Saturday, May 13, 2017, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Chocorua, NH.
White Mountain National Forest Adopt-A-Trail Training
The White Mountain National Forest Adopt-A-Trail program enables volunteers to take ownership on a section of specific trail and oversee basic maintenance of that trail. It can be an individual effort or worked on with friends and family!
Sponsored by the White Mountain National Forest. Volunteers need only attend one training. Trainings are organized by each ranger district:
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Lincoln, NH. (Pemi District)
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Conway, NH. (Saco District)
- Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Conway, NH. (Saco District)
- Sunday, June 4, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Bethlehem, NH. (Pemi District)